Thank you for your support. It is incredible. Your product and organization is superb by any standards. - Pastor Kenneth Haubert - St. Paul's Third Lutheran - Palmer, PA
What are the Head to the Heart journals?
The ten-lesson, sprial-bound Head to the Heart (H2H) journals are an enhancement and replacement of the standard photocopied Head to the Heart student handouts. They make your ministry at church easier and more full-featured, and provide a step-by-step tool for parents to begin faith talk at home.
Multiple Value, Multiple Uses
1. The H2H journals are a great way to provide full-color lesson sheets to all of your young people, saving you time and trouble at the copy machine. The journals contain the same material as the standard Thought Time sheets, but do it with full color, in a durable, spiral-bound book that will keep the lessons at hand and organized for the entire confirmation year.
2. Each journal chapter provides pastors/staff the opportunity to take teaching further by introducing a journaling option and yearbook opportunity for young people to record their thoughts and prayers during the year.
3. Each chapter is enhanced with an online “FINKLink” code that allows for further exploration of each topic at church or at home, including games, extra devotions, and Bible Verse music.
4. The FAITH5 home component included in each journal chapter equips willing parents with the tools they need to engage in faith talk with their young people at home. Each chapter contains a brief narrative to get the parents updated on what was covered in confirmation, and provides easy, step-by-step instructions on how to spend just 10 minutes a day talking faith, life, and the Bible with their child.
H2H Journals Help You Take Confirmation Further
These days, most churches find themselves faced with confirmation resources that help them cover just the bare minimum. It’s difficult to find materials that actually help you take ministry to the next level. Head to the Heart and the H2H journals provide not only first-rate ministry planning and implementation at church but also provide scared and apprehensive parents the tools they need to slowly rediscover regular faith talk at home with their kids. For almost twenty years, Faith Inkubators has been at the forefront of confirmation ministry. We’re hoping to partner with you to continue our learning, and provide you with what you need to make confirmation ministry the highlight of your congregation.
How Exactly Will the H2H Journals Enhance My Confirmation Ministry?
Let’s take an honest look:
1. H2H journals supplement your standard confirmation ministry by offering a more robust, full-color, and pre-printed tool to give to your Guides and kids. Using these books means you’ll never have to fight with the copy machine or organize student lesson packets again. The chapters are bright, bold, and engaging, and serve as a sturdy, organized record of the subjects covered during the confirmation year.
2. The new 10-lesson editions allow you more flexibility to move around the vast array of H2H lesson topics. For example, if you’d like to cover the Apostles’ Creed and the New Testament, you are now able to purchase corresponding journals for those two topics. (In the past, these were part of two different H2H journals.) There is less potential for “waste”—you order and use the journals that contain the lessons you will actually have time to cover.
3. The new 10-lesson editions allow you more financial flexibility by letting you order just what you need when you need it: some books in the fall and some in the winter, instead of ordering everything at the start of the year.
4. H2H journals connect your confirmation night activities with your youth’s family faith journey at home. They provide even the most apprehensive parents with a convenient, step-by-step, non-threatening tool to use for nightly devotional talks, keeping the lines of communication open during the rocky teen years.
5. H2H journals provide fun and interactive FINKlinks™ scattered throughout each lesson to direct small groups at church and families at home to specific pages on www.faithink.com where they can:
* Listen to or download Faith Inkubators music
* Play the FINKMania QuizBowl on-line
* Find additional home devotions
* View the lesson’s key artwork by world renowned artist, Dr. He Qi
6. H2H journals provide kids and families with a keepsake “growth” record of the year in confirmation/junior high ministry that can be referred to later in life:
* “What was my Low on this date?”
* “Was it really as low as I thought it was at the time?”
* “What was I praying for?”
* “How did God answer my prayers?”
* “How did God use me to further his work on earth?”
7. H2H journals provide some church budget-related benefits including:
* No more Thought-Time sheet handout printing/photocopying
* No more confirmation materials packets to build
* Part or all of the book resource cost may be moved from church budget to individual participants and their families. In fact, churches having the most success with the H2H journals are doing just that. They find that families who pay even a little for each book are more apt to use them on a regular basis.
If you have any questions about the Head to the Heart, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-55FAITH.
Paintings by He Qi