It All Starts the Same Way
Whether you choose our new Head
to the Heart journals or traditional Head to the
you start the same way: an annual Head to the Heart membership,
based on your congregation’s Average Weekly Worship Attendance
To order Head to the Heart online,
please click the button above. To order Head to the Heart via fax or
e-mail, please download (PDF
746K) a membership agreement.
The 2012-2013 edition of H2H contains great options to help you teach better, keep more kids, and connect more parents to confirmation ministry. Highlights include:
1. Ten-lesson Head to the Heart Journals: You asked, we listened. Head to the Heart Journals will now be available as spiral-bound, 10-lesson editions at an introductory price of just $9.95 each. Order the subjects you need when you need them for maximum teaching and budget flexibility. It's the same great content as before, but in more easily manageable 10-lesson journals!
2. A Split of the Main H2H PDF File: We've split up the main parts of the main H2H PDF file into individual pieces so you can more easily copy, email, and use the pieces. Need to send the kids' handouts to a kid who missed a session, the leader's handout to your volunteers, or the home devotion handout to parents? Each of these pieces (and more) will be available as individual files for you to easily grab and attach to an email. The standard, all-inclusive H2H file will also be available as before.
3. New Versions of Handouts: Based on your feedback, we've developed new versions of the handouts for your learners, your Guides/volunteers, and parents. These versions make more intentional use of the FAITH 5 process, plus add some new elements not found in previous versions. We've also developed art and posters for you to promote your confirmation sessions to your kids and families. A bit more detail:
Redesigned Thought-Time Handout Option for Small Groups
In order to be more intentional about the FAITH 5 process (Share, Read, Talk, Pray, Bless) for sharing at church and at home (and to simply freshen things up), we’ve finalized new versions of our Thought-Time Handouts as an option for your learners. These sheets contain some new tools as well as a new look and layout, stressing the FAITH 5 process as the main road map for discussion.
Redesigned Guide Handout and Home Huddle Sheet Option
Again, in order to integrate the FAITH 5 process more intentionally, we’ve finalized new versions of our Guide Handouts and Home Huddle Sheets as an option for your adults and parents.
New Parent Support Group Discussion Sheet
Do you have parents not directly involved in the program who are looking for some discussion time while their kids are in confirmation class? Would you like to offer such an option?
If so, we’ve included a new handout for parents to spur discussion and Bible Study on the same topic their kids are learning.
New Promo Posters and Art
We’ve created new promo posters and artwork for each lesson topic, offering you a way to regularly promote upcoming topics to your learners and families.
4. CD-ROMs To a DVD-ROM - Fewer Discs, Less Plastic: In order to be a bit more “green,” we’ve combined our lesson materials on a single DVD-ROM disc instead of multiple CD-ROM discs. This simply means we can get the same amount of material on one disc instead of three. This uses less plastic and means you’ll have fewer discs to haul around. Most computers built within the last five years come with a DVD drive, so you’ll notice no difference when using the new H2H discs. As always, all H2H materials are accessible online for easy download, should you wish to go that route.
5. Diverse Lesson Choices: Along with standard Catechism and Bible lessons, Head to the Heart offers you something you can’t get with other confirmation materials: real-world, youth-relevant lessons including: “Hot Topics” (examining sex, drugs, war, God & science, stewardship, and more) and “The Life of Jesus” (expanding our Old and New Testament work for a deeper encounter with Christ’s life and his call in students’ lives). We’ve also developed lessons on Martin Luther, Lutheran worship, and Christian vocation/calling, and have begun to explore expanded offerings specifically for United Methodist churches. Traditional catechism, Bible or practical life issues—we’ve got you covered like no one else.
6. Updated Teaching Options: As always, we’ve updated our lessons with new teaching ideas, giving you even more choices to teach the content confidently and effectively. Depending on the lesson, you’ll find new Images & Analogies, Media Mix suggestions, quotations, and more
We’re working diligently to make Head to the Heart your best option for reaching kids, as well as your best ally in connecting families to faith. Along with our unparalleled support materials and our life-changing systems approach to learning, service and fellowship, Head to the Heart stands alone as the most complete confirmation ministry resource available.